View Single Post
Unread 12/27/2014, 03:13 PM   #526
cal_stir
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
The pods helped some but not all.

I'm dosing 3% peroxide at 30ml a day into 600gal. It has cleared the dinos on the top side of the rocks (photosynthetic), but the shaded variety is tenacious. It's receding but slowly.

I think this is killing any planktonic organisms it finds - good or bad. Since I've had more bad, I think this is resetting the stage by clearing out all the players at once. It reacts in the water column so nighttime has the most impact on the light seeking dinos that get into the column. The shaded version stay put all night, so I think I'll need to start locally targeting them with a syringe and airline.

Side effects - I can't tell since the dinos caused my snails to die anyway and my bigger fish were poisoned too. Corals seem to love it. Amazing polyp expansion.

My pods seem resilient, but I suspect their planktonic offspring are equally decimated.
I dosed 20ml per day in 200gal for 8 days starting with 72 hour blackout, after blackout I dosed when lights came on and dosed stresszyme at lights out while running a uv sterilizer 24 hr/day.
2 weeks dino free, fingers crossed, haven't vacuumed the sand bed for a week and too afraid to do a water change.
no loss of livestock, shrimps or snails.

cal_stir is offline   Reply With Quote