View Single Post
Unread 08/15/2009, 08:38 AM   #24
luther1200
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fijiblue
It is not like BRS is a miracle media (as many of you are leading to).
I am not trying to say it a miracle. I am just telling my experience with BRS HC GFO and almost every other iron based GFO on the market. With pictures as proof, and I have more pictures if anybody is interested. And I know it was the GFO that made the difference because it was the only thing that changed. And since I am not the only 1 who had similar issues I would say that there has to be more to it than just a coincidence. I don't necessarily think the ROWAphos was causing the algae, but I do know that it did little to nothing to get rid of the algae. And I know that running half the max dose of BRS HC GFO did in 2 months what Phosban, PURAphos, ROWAphos,etc, couldn't do in 2 years. But to be perfectly fair I didn't try Phosban, PURAphos, and a few others as long as I had been running the ROWAphos. But I did run them for at least a month or 2 each and saw zero results. Where the BRS HC GFO was amazing in that amount of time. I also am not talking about BRS pellets or regular GFO because that I never did try. I am only referring the the high capacity GFO from BRS.

Current Tank Info: 65g reef, mix of sps, lps, few softies. Hoping to upgrade within the year.
luther1200 is offline   Reply With Quote