View Single Post
Unread 11/16/2006, 09:01 AM   #2
sharklover
Moved On

Atl. Sharpnose

KRJ-1168,
I don't know how many responses you've recieved regarding this topic on other forums but I'll throw in my two cents worth here. I've kept a total of 15 Atl. Sharpnose over the last 3 years all with the same result. Even though they were small sharks (12-14 inchers) they did not seem to do well over the long haul. All of the sharks died within a month even though they ate well and had plenty of room to swim. The tank they were in was 13ftx8ftx3ft. I've heard from a couple of people that they have had luck with them in very large systems but I have not seen them personally. For some reason they just need a huge tank despite their relatively small size. I've had great success with Blacktips(C. limbatus) and Bonnetheads in that tank but not Sharpnoses. If you're serious about keeping them I would invest in a large pool/pond in the neighborhood of 18ft in diameter plus.
Fortunately for you, the waters where you live are infested with Sharpnoses. Anyway, don't waste your time with Sharpies unless you can set up a large pool for them. If you can then go for it. If that is your dream shark then I hope you can do that some day. I have to admit that the Sharpnose is an awesome looking shark and should be an ideal aquarium shark because of its size. Good luck to you.

sharklover is offline   Reply With Quote