View Single Post
Unread 12/30/2016, 04:17 AM   #27
kainic
Registered Member

Last update of the year.

Routine/dosing changes:

Dec 19th --> Increased TM Bacto Balance to 1.5ml per day. It's the recommended dose in the instructions.
Dec 8th --> Started dosing Brightwell Neophos to increase my phosphate readings to check if my aquarium was phosphate limited. I'm dosing 1ml to increase phosphates by 0.02ppm. In less than a week my nitrates dropped from 50ppm to 10-17.5ppm (more than 10 but less than 25 in Salifert test). Phosphates have been around 0.01-0.05.
Started to feed a pinch of flakes in the morning so feeding thrice per day. Flake in the morning, 1 cube of frozen food at midday and 1 cube of frozen food at noon.

These are the only changes as per my routines. We have to sum the addition of the female Genicanthus Melanospilos (Dec 5th), so we should expect a higher nitrate reading if anything.

Some corals show now a better polyp extension and a slight change in color. I'll keep this routine and check phosphate 3 times per week to avoid overdosing.

Milleporas and tenius had hard times in my tank and all except 1 died in 2 weeks since introduction. Last week I bought a tenius to test my tank, I really like tenius but was unable to keep them alive.

Not the best color and polyp extension could be better but it's alive and much more happy than any tenius has ever been in my tank.

Red planet has decided it's time to grow some branches.

2 maricultured recent additions. No idea of the species, so I'd be very pleased if you can ID them.

My tricolor is now getting some color and increasing its polyp extension.

Even my LPS are thriving now! A Red Goniopora happy as a clam!

I need to improve my photography skills, but first of all I'm trying to improve my reefing skills.

I wish you RC community a happy new year. Best wishes for you all.

"Every man can be, if he tries, sculptor of his own brain", Santiago Ramón y Cajal
kainic is offline   Reply With Quote