View Single Post
Unread 06/15/2008, 01:49 PM   #22
stugray
Premium Member

xtm,

with your electronics skills, you could have built the entire DC speed controller with only a few more components.

You can build a 555 based Pulse Width Modulator circuit which uses a IRF510 Power mosfet to controll the current to the powerhead. You would just add a 12Volt wall wart supply that can supply the PH.

I have one sitting in front of me that I intend to put in my hood to control the moon lights & fan speed. Since I have four channels & only using two, I could control two of those waveboxes. Oh, and my 4-channel PWM is accessible via ethernet & programmable.

Very good job!

Stu

Well, We KNOW GOD exists, but for US to exist without a GOD is preposterous….Umm wait a minute…. Sounds a bit circular to me…

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. display w/80 gal mud/caulerpa sump. Basement sump w/ LED Grow Light,Gravity fed Reeflo200 skimmer w/ ORCA Recirc, DIY calc reactor & kalk stirrer. Inline plumbed 75 Gal frag/settling tank.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote