View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2018, 10:57 PM   #6
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeoffaith View Post
Thanks Kinetic, I've thought about other anemones too, but the cost of the other anemones and slightly more difficult care makes me want to stick with the bubble tip. Do you know how these clownfish do in a harem? I've seen one comment here that Clarkii don't play well together. I like the tomato, but I hear they're quite aggressive, so I imagine they won't play well together either. Red and black is aka as Cinnamon, right? I don't know much about these other than that they look very similar to the tomato, so maybe also rather aggressive? And then the barrier reef I would imagine is a bit higher priced?
There's a big thread on the other forum (r.2.r) that has a bunch of people talking about harems. Best bet would be to check out all the info there and ask your questions with those guys.

The best success of harems are percula, ocellaris, and skunks. As soon as you introduce anemones, it gets even harder, as the territories will become anemones and each will yield dominant pairs, which can become a fight. best is to have a lot of natural hosting anemones well established beforehand.

I have a magnifica that hosts my ocellaris no problem. it is a bit of work when you first import a magnifica, but once they're treated with cipro, they as hardy as a BTA.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote