View Single Post
Unread 07/19/2010, 06:49 AM   #7
Palting
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdaman View Post
I mean established, not Cycled, Mine is already cycled. But you know how people say "don't add anemones until its established for more than 6 months" and stuff like that... I was just wondering which would be an appropriate amount.
NEVER. The tank parameters need to be stable, as should be the owner with regular routines, then maybe, just maybe, you can call it established. Who knows when that is going to be. And like a lot of old sayings, like "Don't add mandarin until the tank is established", sayings are just rule of thumb. I've had a mandarin as one of my first citizens, 2 weeks into the cycle in fact (ignorance is bliss ), and it's been 4 months and he is fat and happy.

Current Tank Info: Incept 3/2010, 150 RR, 50g sump, 20g fuge, 150w 15K MH x3, T5 actinics x8, moonlight LED x6, 1400gph return, Koralia 1400 x4, 300 g skimmer, 4 tangs, 2 mandarins, 2 perc, 6 line, 3 cardinals, 2 firefish, SPS, LPS, zoas, palys, shrooms, clam
Palting is offline   Reply With Quote