View Single Post
Unread 02/08/2018, 02:03 AM   #95
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisanoal View Post
Dilute your sample 50:50 with ro water, then run your Hanna test. Not sure how chemistry minded you are but ive got a few ideas for how to do it with a fair amount of accuracy if you need some.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
I've run diluted samples many times, this hanna 736 checker has probably run through close to 500 tests.

The sample from last night was so blue I diluted my test tonight 10:1. It read 131...

131x3.066/100= 4.016ppm po4

I snagged a 2 liter jug of Phosguard a couple days ago for a few dollars from a guy breaking down a tank. I prefer GFO but I'll burn this stuff since it is more aggressive and was essentially free. Though, at current levels and absorption rates of .87mg/g it would take 20 liters of Phosguard to remove all the phosphate. I'm hoping not much has bound to the rock yet and that most of what I am testing resides in the water...

My RODI is going full tilt so I should have water ready to do a 400gal water change by Friday night. I'm not going to burn any media until that is done.

I may need to setup my Lanthinum Chloride Reactor to pull this much phosphate out of the water.

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote