View Single Post
Unread 05/05/2012, 12:41 PM   #27
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedRed View Post
Yes. I do miss a lot from the LEDs though. The tank ran cooler, I miss the natural cycle from the Radions. I miss the moon Cycle and the controller from the AI's. I miss the Royal Blue LED's for 7-10 pm viewing. I miss using 1 power strip with two cables instead of 2 power power strips with 3 hulking timers. I miss the light spread (Using 2 radions or sol blues allowed me to get light to all sides of my spires, the MH light doesn't really reach the far sides of my spires that well.)

I just couldn't live without my colors being the best they could be. A bonus is that all of my corals seem happier now. Zoas took off, Ricordeas have better color, SPS are growing quicker and have better color. I need to take a new picture, my colors are even better now.
I've also been toying with adding 2 - 250W 20K Reeflux metal halide bulbs to run for 4 hours a day.... I don't really want the heat though... This is the first time I've "Haven't" had to run a chiller. It's just sitting there collecting dust. I don't know why I always have to tinker with things and just can't allow it be left alone.

Current Tank Info: Where you'll find an Acan and Orange Ricordea Garden in Bloom...
SoLiD is offline   Reply With Quote