Thread: 300 DD Build
View Single Post
Unread 01/10/2018, 09:26 AM   #48
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
If you go with jebao, then get the PP20. The 15s won't be strong enough. 2 MP40s also won't be strong enough. You'd need MP60s. On mine, I've got 2 of the PP20s and added two Tunze 6105s. The korallias are pretty worthless on larger tanks. I also know this from experience. :0)

For your skimmer, why not just remove the drain line and empty the container manually? This eliminates the potential for overflowing your collection bin. For me, it's not a big deal to do this manually (I actually plugged the drain on mine) and allows me to assess the performance of the skimmer on a daily basis. And you can tell more about the system itself based on the funk in the skimmate.
I was looking around this morning and saw the pp20s and ordered 1 to test it out. I got a tunze ato too. Yea the koralias arent doing much so im looking forward to this new pump.

The skimmer came with a foot long tube with a plug at the end. I took the plug out and lost it haha. Ive been meaning to find something to plug it off with but been lazy. Any suggestions? Id like to plug the actual cup not the tube. I might just put a bunch of superglue in the hole

This morning I ordered a midas blenny and a trio of ochrestriped cardinalfish off divers den. Got a few acros and montis too. I had my eye on a pink plate coral but was waiting on that check that wouldnt clear. Cleared today and of course the plate just got sold. They still had it last night. It should all be here tomrw.

Reefer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote