View Single Post
Unread 08/10/2013, 09:15 AM   #12
bubblyblu
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyWenStirred View Post
Going to put my own stupidity in print here..

I never fed mine. He looked the same for a long time. Then I noticed he didn't inflate anymore and the sides of him were turning white. I was looking for answers, and read about feeding him.

Soooo, I cut the bottom off of a Mtn. Dew bottle, rinsed it out real well and lowered it over him. Then I cut up some a Silverside, which had some drops of Vitamins on it, and dropped the pieces onto the top of him through the small opening in the soda bottle.

Sure enough, he moved all of the food like an escalator, straight into his mouth. I've fed him now twice a week for 2 weeks, and his color is back. His tentacles are out. He inflates.

Anyway, I'm only a year into this, so pardon me if I said something dumb. But that's what I did and my plate is doing great now. Guess he was just hungry.

The bottle keeps the other critters from eating the food before he can get it into his mouth.
That's a good tip/trick with the MD bottle. I just got an orange plate yesterday...ill keep all this in mind if something goes wrong

bubblyblu is offline   Reply With Quote