View Single Post
Unread 02/19/2018, 04:03 PM   #1
ddckec6972
Registered Member

phytoplankton feeding experiment...results are very interesting

So. a while back i bought some phytoplankton, the directions said 1 drop per gallon. so for me thats 100 drops aka 1 tsp. Now my water params have always been spot on,or better yet. very VERY close to perfect minus the Small fluctuations.. the tank set up is 6 weeks old and is cycled according to four different LFS .......so after i started feeding this stuff to my GPS, Trumpet, xenia, eagle eye zoa and green clove polyp frags, ( about 1-2" frag size). i noticed a brown haze on everything.

I thought it was a diatom bloom, but why? tank is cycled unless i have been lied to by 4 sperarte LFS and my own testing implied cycled, then thought may have been the phytoplankton settling in the tank, it kind looks greenish brown,. so i stirred the sand bed up by redoing my aqua scape, stopped the feeding of phytoplankton, cleaned the glass and began watching and waiting to see if this brown haze return.it never returned. EXCELLENT....... during this waiting period i was testing my water every day. again..my water params were spot on, or better yet. very VERY close to perfect minus the small fluctuations.. my point is there was nothing alarming in my water parms.(PH, DKH, Nitri, nitra amo, cal, mg, phos, salt)....So two days ago i started back with the phytoplankton feeding and guess what?????? the brown haze is back on my glass and sand. Thoughts?

ddckec6972 is offline   Reply With Quote