View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2018, 12:22 AM   #8
Frogmanx82
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjukan View Post
Don't listen to mr/ms negative. After having a Tanganyikan cichlid tank you're more than competent to handle a reef or fowlr tank. I came from a Tang cichlid background and I know how interesting those fish are compared to other cichlids, and what type of husbandry goes into keeping them.

Take your time like you said, and get into the hobby by researching like you are, and you will be more than ready. Your hood can definitely be retrofitted with lights that will handle any coral you're interesting in keeping. Enjoy and welcome to this side of the hobby.
Sorry for coming off negative but I have my african tank and a reef tank and the african tank is simple in comparison. I would say if you enjoy the hobby go for two tanks. If you start out with fish and softies it won't be that difficult. Managing the calcium chemistry with stoney corals is where the big jump comes.

Check my homepage for tank pics and details.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon, 2x maxspect R420R LED, 4 Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Flame Angel, Foxface Rabbitfish, Banggai Cardinals, Azure Damsel, rock flower anemone, cleaner shrimp, serpent star
Frogmanx82 is offline   Reply With Quote