View Single Post
Unread 08/16/2017, 11:47 AM   #50
extendedmango
Registered Member

College nano plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefWreak View Post
What is the intent of the refugium? Pod growth? Somewhere to store naughty crabs? Nutrient export?

I don't think you will have enough room to justify putting the Prime back there (better to put two over the main tank to reduce shadowing), and honestly I think that anything more advanced than a ball of chaeto will be more work than it's worth. You can't/shouldn't have a sandbed because it's too narrow to maintain it and it won't add anything except a place for detritus to settle, and you won't be able to see much back there unless you leave the back exposed to the room, which I doubt there's room to do and it kind of defeats the point of the sump (you'd be better off buying a 20L and making a partition in the middle or 1/3 of the way through the tank and having a big fuge area and then a moderate sized display on the other half).

We're all here to discuss ideas, sorry if I'm stepping on your ideas and/or toes with this, I'm just trying to help you figure out something useful for you longer term.

You are in no way stepping on my ideas! I have never set up a fuge so I don't really know what I'm doing .

I will use two AI primes on the tank if you think having one on the fuge is overkill. I'll probably get the Im fuge light, I'm buying all of my stuff through my LFS and he usually gives good deals. I got a fully stocked and set up reefer 250 for 2k dollars.

In the fuge... I was thinking a small live rock piece and a ball of chaeto, no SB or critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extendedmango is offline   Reply With Quote