View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2016, 10:27 PM   #2963
PorkchopExpress
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyhernz View Post
First off WoW! Noice tank! S
Yeah did a 3 day, knocked them back a bit..then bought some phyto 2 kinds live. Bacteria various kinds and started dosing.
After couple of days the gha started showin up..also my brother trimmed his chaeto so i added it to my fuge..(pod heavy)
Also purchased another 16oz of algagen tisbe pods and added them to the fuge. Dinos only appearing on a couple of my acro but very minimal..seems like it is working so far..
Btw when can i do water change? Long after dinos have disapeared? Or can i siphon dinos out and replenish with new salt? Thanks!!
i'm going to go against the grain here and say you can do water changes at any time as long as you are not NO3/PO4 deficient but i think you are going to get varying opinions, mostly saying you should NOT do any water changes until long after they've disappeared...it's a theory that the dinos will bloom when you replenish some sort of nutrient or mineral or whatever in that fresh batch of saltwater...however, it's my lone opinion that it's not that you are replenishing something the dinos need to thrive, it's that water changes will deplete your already ultra low levels of NO3/PO4 and hinder the growth of competing algae which is something you desperately need in your battle with dinos...water changes basically counter the dirty method

but again, that is strictly my opinion based on no facts whatsoever...to be safe, i'd recommend just keeping up with the dirty method and just let it run it's course

PorkchopExpress is offline   Reply With Quote