View Single Post
Unread 11/15/2017, 12:24 PM   #96
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselkeeper View Post
Great looking tank and anemone's. I just purchased a Mag from a LFS. The one I got was hosting a harem of clowns, had like 10 in it at once. When he removed the nem, he had to remove 3 or 4 clownfish from it. He had to do this out of the water. I would have thought the clownfish would just have fallen out.

Question for you. My mag went through successful treatment of cipro last week. It is not sticky at all. Are Mags not sticky like other carpets? I had a haddoni that was very sticky. Any reason for concern?
That's a funny story about the clowns. They are basically totally on drugs when they're in the mag. It's so interesting. Poor clowns, lost their home =)

The mag is sticky, but I've never had experience with haddoni so I don't know how to compare. When I first put the mag in with latex gloves, it didn't stick at all that I could notice. I did notice that floating mysis etc. didn't really stick to it for a week, but after 2 weeks anything that touches the tentacles is grabbed.

I think your mag should be fine as long as it's inflated and the mouth is tight. It might change shapes while inflated, and it could deflate a few tentacles once in awhile (mine does because my female clown likes to bite down on the tentacles for some reason), but just make sure the mouth is tight. After a few weeks I think it'll get sticky!

Maybe @D-Nak can chime in on the normal stickiness of these mags?

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote