View Single Post
Unread 09/22/2017, 02:17 PM   #3
dreaminmel
Registered Member

I have had success with a pair in the past as long as I limit the competition they have for food. My pod population just a couple months ago was so thick they were all over the glass and the firefish & chromis didn't nibble them at all. Since then the two stomatella snails I had have turned into at least 200 (not exaggerating) between display and refugium and the pod population in both places has steadily declined. They're still there, they just can't seem to compete with the little piggy stomatella fast enough for food. I'm offloading as many stomatella tomorrow as I can get ahold of and giving the pods a chance to replenish. I'm also working on strategy for increased pod food source so should be stable and able to feed mandarins down the line.

I hesitate to ever dose in display. I had success with Interceptor in the past years ago for red bugs but it always makes me wonder what miniscule thing is thrown out of whack that we aren't testing for. I do absolutely LOVE PraziPro. Had a tennetti tang come in with flukes 7 or 8 years ago so I had pulled all fish to quarantine and used that. After witnessing the parasites that came off (and out of) all of the fish, I always use PraziPro on every single fish I buy now. I may siphon off a bunch of the flatties over a few sittings and see if I can keep them down to a barely noticeable level. Otherwise I'll be popping in at a few places locally to see what they've got for flattie munchers.

Thank you for the feedback! Hope all's going well with your setup!

Hiatus over, 120g in process
"Ni lia duine na tuairim."
(Everyone has their own opinion.)
dreaminmel is offline   Reply With Quote