View Single Post
Unread 11/04/2017, 10:02 AM   #5
falconut
Registered Member

I had a similar issue, too. Breaking down my 90 gallon & moving everything over to a new 180 gallon. I used some of the LR from the 90 to seed some dry sand & base rock. After tank cycled, all the fish transferred over slowly. Everything went perfect, well almost. A bought a few fish that were already quarantined, so they went right into the 180. Next day they were covered with ich. Pulled them & threw them in my old 90, which was still running. Apparently that was enough to get my other fish. The ich came & went on a few fish, then a few weeks later it came back on more fish. I had to pull all the fish & put them in the still running 90 & treated with cupramine for 30 days. I wouldn't take the chance of infecting your new tank, just treat all the fish. From now on, everything is getting treated before going into my tank, no matter where they come from.

If you use cupramine, raise the copper level up slowly. I took about a week to get to 0.4 & all my fish made it through fine, never stopped eating or anything. Good luck & yes this part of keeping fish sucks.