View Single Post
Unread 09/23/2017, 02:43 PM   #35
studboy36
Registered Member

I've been busy. I was waiting for Premium Aquatics to get more 150's in stock. While waiting I started looking for 80's. I saw that there were some available in 110 from Europe and I was about to order one when I saw two pop up here brand new still in the box for a good deal. I bought them and I'll have them here probably by the end of the week. I wanted two pumps with one as a spare. That's what I was going to do with the 150.

I have almost 95% of the sump designed. I just need to make a cover for the skimmer area and some pieces to hold down/route the cords and brackets for the controllers. I'll have to bump up the return lines to 1" to match the RD3 80s output which will again increase the cost of the pvc pipe and fittings. The drain lines are 1" from the overflow to the sump. Height from the top of the RD3 50 used as a place holder to the approximate locations of the returns is 48-50 inches.

The two pumps that you see in the sump are 50's that I was playing with for placement. I was actually considering running two of them. At this point I might just leave that part of design as it is.

The 80/20 stand is also 95% complete. I need to finished making the rest of the components then I'll start routing the plumbing. I'm almost finished modeling the DOS and the DDR has been completed. There's plenty of head room to service the skimmer and the zeo reactor. I'm not sure about placing the Apex classic inside the stand. I haven't modeled the controller and modules yet, but it might be good to remote them in a little Ikea Besta Box with a door close to the tank mounted on a wall.

Scott I do appreciate all your assistance. I think I'm pretty much a Royal Exclusiv skimmer and pump person now. My next tank after this build will be a clownfish harem 50-70 gallon cube tank with a dreambox sump.

Tell me about Aquadriver...
Full tank.jpg

Right Side tank.jpg

Roller Mat Sump 9-23-17_1.jpg

Roller Mat Sump 9-23-17_2.jpg

Current Tank Info: 187 60"x30"x24" system in process
studboy36 is offline   Reply With Quote