View Single Post
Unread 04/08/2014, 08:53 AM   #3
Rudimenta
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
Hi Rudimenta....

Thanks for sharing... I am almost at the point to give this doser a try but have several doubts and will like to know your experience at this moment:

1. Do you have the Standard or the Pro?
2. If it is the Pro, how is the noise of the DC Pump?
3. Is their any way this unit can be attached to the side wall of the cabinet?
4. How has been the accurate of the doses?
5. Does it have auto-calibration?

Sorry but to be honest i haven't read the manual yet so just threw a few doubts that came in mind and thanks in advance...
1) Pro
2) they are practically noiseless! Huge difference with other dosers I have heard!
3) if you check my pictures you'll see there are 4 holes you can use to screw the unit into the ceiling of the sump (like I did) but you can also mount the unit in any position like vertical for example.
4) you can basically dose drops. However as you can imagine this would not be really consistent. What I mean is let's say you set the dose to 0.1ml 4 times a day (imagine some zeovit applications here) it could be just because of the tube size it will dose 0.4ml but because of air/tube it might come out in 3 drips. I would say if you want exactly the same amount dosed per time realistic would be 0.2 to 0.4ml a dose as a min. I dose for example iodine now at 4ml a day over 6 doses, which is absolute no issue with precise calibration.
5) auto calibration, no but it's very well thought out process per pump. You can even fine tune, to a 100th of a ml, not sure how realistic that is...

The pictures on the sponsor forum thread of the software explain a lot.

Current Tank Info: 770 Display 205l Sump, 100l Nano
Rudimenta is offline   Reply With Quote