View Single Post
Unread 09/11/2000, 02:10 PM   #1
Hitman1
Registered Member

Just bought myself a Lemon peel angel fish on Satureday. The fish swam around the tank a little, found a hidding place and hardly ever comes out. Even when no one is around. I know this because I snuck around and viewed the tank from a distance. It has not eaten since I placed it into the tank.
This morning when I checked up on him he was completely covered in ICK, at least 50 spots! I soaked some dried food in garlic and feed it, but the fish isn`t eating so that didn`t work. One or two hours later 50% of the ick was gone. So I squeezed some garlic juice into the tank. 1 to 2 hours later the ick was gone! I am sure that he is not cured of it and that it will be back. Tested the tank and all is good. I believe that the source of the stress is that he is scared! He is the only tank inhabitant, besides 4 hermit crabs.

Called the LFS and asked if a cleaner shrimp would clean the ick off the fish and he said maybe it would or maybe it wouldn`t touch it, depends on the shrimp. He suggested I get a Neon Goby, it would definitely clean off the ick. Unfortunately, he did not have any, nor did 3 other LFS!

Tank parameters:

Tank: 29g 2 months old, 20lbs of LR, CC
Temp: 80
SG: 1.023
PH: 8.3
KH: 3.9
Amnonia: 0
Nitrate: 0

Help! Any suggestions.