View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2017, 02:17 AM   #3542
marthin
Registered Member

UK here and after getting my unit, the less were random.. in fact that light was random, so a new controller were shipped. Quickly, so good customer service. Then the Led's were still not working as well as a fan that wouldn't come on. The unit is running HOT!! i was tempted to do a video how to fry an egg on it (actually not kidding) and the T5's are not lasting nearly as long as in my sun powers. (I have every single sun power from past upgrades)
They fixed the led but not the fan, it's 18 months down the line and I would seriously not buy this unit if you have alternatives.
This was coming from someone who swore by ATI units.. yes, the unit produces a HUGE amount of light, but the hot running, poor customer service and cost of more frequently replacing the tubes are not worth it.
if the electricity goes off, I loose my clock setting. This was a huge issues when your working away from home. Yet, I was told that the seller has a PM hybrid that retains it's clock..
Due to issues I have lost many a coral and anemone and I'm still angry that ATI could not fix a freaking fan, cause it was sold to be on the basis that it ws temperature controlled.. I would love to have noisy fans, but my fans is so silent, cause they don't work... rant over.
I would love to love this unit, but in all fairness, I'm counting 50 plus times that i recommended people to spend their money on something that is less problematic.

never thought I will say it, but I miss my halides

Last edited by marthin; 02/12/2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: not finished writing
marthin is offline   Reply With Quote