View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2010, 11:10 AM   #9
xcelprintingcom
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by schudini View Post
Looks cool.

If you stare at the overview picture too long it looks like a mural of faces.
Thanks, yes those holes in the upper right corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuru View Post
That an awesome project. I can't wait to see it all done. Great Job!
Thanks, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcress View Post
How are you going to keep that sucka from floating?
Silicone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot727 View Post
I think you really should consider a job in the aquatic field. Great job, Jon. The pics came out nice.
P.S.
Don't forget to make holes for the close loop and overflow before you start to coat the foam.
The waiting to see the final set up is too much!
Thanks, Yeah I need to cut those out with the hot foam cutter, hopefully none will be where I made holes/swim thru's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty joe View Post
Very cool.
How thick is the Styrofoam? How will you attach it to the tank? Is this for your acrylic 180?
I used 2 sheets of 4'x8'x2", cut them down to 2'x6', that gave me 4 slabs for a total of 8", and the left over is 4 2'x2' squares for 8" which I used a small piece to make that cave, going to make 2 larger caves with the remaining foam. Yes it's for the 180 acrylic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoutawater View Post
I have done this before on a couple of cichlid tanks, it looks great when done. You can also color the cement when you are painting it on. Yours looks awesome, looking forward to seeing it done. I attached mine with silicone, is that how you are doing yours?
I'm going to stay away from coloring the cement, it will look like white base rock, but not for long as I'm going to use a couple of methods for speeding the purple coraline algea. Yes attaching with silicone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot727 View Post
I wonder with all the projects Jon does, does he ever find time to sleep?
The excitement and anticipation give me the energy to stay up.

xcelprintingcom is offline   Reply With Quote