Thread: petco
View Single Post
Unread 02/27/2012, 09:24 AM   #229
Fishfirst
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPercula View Post
Every store is different. Petco has many policies and procedures in place for how animals are taken care of. If animals and fish aren't being taken care of it isn't because education isn't provided. It's management and employees' fault. If corporate policies were followed, all animals and Petco stores would be immaculate.
Are you kidding me??? This statement is a joke... corporate policies are the one thing that is HOLDING the good employees back! 20% loss is NOT acceptible, especially when the most difficult fish you bring in is a tang. At the store i work at now I bring in teirra batfish, orange spot filefish, multifasciatus angelfish, genicanthus angels, red head wrasse (and other difficult halichores), leopard wrasse, moorish idols, pipefish, etc from time to time and I don't have 20% loss. I work with the same vendors as I did when I worked at petco... I have a quarter of the problems because I have full control of medicating and conditioning the fish what I order and when I order.
The use of copper at petco is strictly forbidden according to my animal coordinator because "copper kills"... and the use of anything aside from freshwater dips I was written up for. So either I misread AND was misinformed by the higher ups on the policy or what you are doing is completely against corporate policy.

Current Tank Info: Over 40,000 gallons of saltwater
Fishfirst is offline   Reply With Quote