View Single Post
Old 12/17/2011, 08:52 AM   #8
CTARS Member
gmate's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bethany, CT
Posts: 2,258
Plumbing my RO/DI is frustrating me. I have a 75gpd unit from BRS. I bought it from Eaglesrx on this forum, he had the intake set up with a kitchen faucet connector. Would be perfect but I have older sinks with a female faucet, not a male extension (So what I have now is male-male). So I went to Lowes to buy more eggcrate and a dual threaded female, and got 3/8" instead of 1/2". Was too lazy to go back. Now I'm thinking of actually ordering a ball-valve T and plumbing under the kitchen sink But without taking my kitchen sink apart prematurely, I don't know if I'm going to need a 3/8" or if it's bigger under the sink (1/2?). My bathroom sink looks like it's smaller, closer to 1/4". The connection is smaller under the bathroom and there's not much cabinet space so I'll probably put it under the kitchen sink.

3/8"s connection?

or 1/2 connection for this?

I'm not sure. I don't know if my lines are even those sizes either. I'd have to find out one way or another. Can't start till I plumb the RO/DI anyway.
I've also put up my 30 high and will use it as a quarantine or frag tank, most likely. I'll start that tank shortly after the 55g gets wet.


I should really get around to doing that water change...

Last edited by gmate; 12/17/2011 at 09:08 AM.
gmate is offline   Reply With Quote