View Single Post
Unread 04/02/2010, 11:52 PM   #1
ocelli
Registered Member

keeping fish with mantis shrimp

I am looking to add some more fish to a tank containing a G. graphurus (55mm). At the moment he lives like a king in my 24 gallon with heaps of rock work and tunnels and chambers everywhere. Ive had 2 green Chromis with him since the start and also a Coopers Anthias (which is no longer in the tank - reason unrelated to the mantis), he does not pay any attention to the fish which is cool, never shows aggression toward them and doesnt flare up or anything. They often come up real close to one another and neither seem to mind each other. Hes a bit picky and is really only interested in crabs and clams (not snails or hermits etc) so I see this as a good opportunity to add something else to the tank. So my question is - what species of easy-to-keep fish would be good to try out? Any suggestions will be appreciated.. I am still new to keeping stomatopods. Also what fish and other things do you keep with yours? Id like to hear what people have in their tanks Cheers.

My mantis moulted last week and these are the only glimpses ive seen of it so far, good thing I had my camera ready. The colours look spectacular atm! though you cant see much in the photos. And hes now regenerated the right raptorial appendage which was only half grown before.

ocelli is offline   Reply With Quote