View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2015, 04:58 PM   #2192
karimwassef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csammis View Post
I took my waterfall-style algae scrubber offline last Wednesday because the damn thing kept breaking. Screen kept tearing, falling out slightly, and causing the spray bar to send water everywhere. It never grew a large amount of algae anyway - I was only cleaning it every two or three weeks and the good green growth was always fairly minor compared to brown/tan sludgy stuff. Five days later and what do I find in my tank but a dino outbreak

I have no idea if the two are connected but the only other thing I've started in the last five days is feeding newly-hatched baby brine shrimp. I'm still getting practiced at separating the napulii from the shells so some shells probably got in my tank but I seriously doubt that'd cause dinos to start showing up...right?
Very interesting - was your scrubber healthy (thick green growth) and then deteriorated ending with the dino outbreak?

The sequence of events and a detailed timeline is really important here. Please share more.

Failure isn't an option It's a requirement. 660g 380inwall+280smp/surge S/L/Soft/Maxima/RBTA/Clown/Chromis/Anthias/Tang/Mandarin/Jawfish/Goby/Wrasse/D'back. DIY 12' Skimmer ActuatedSurge ConcreteScape
karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote