View Single Post
Unread 11/13/2015, 12:39 PM   #2198
Kazalla
Registered Member

@Bryan when my dinos looked like on your 2 years old photo they were defeated and huge amounts of nematodes were feeding on the whitish dinoslime.
I have that dino layer on the water surface too, I'm removing it daily with a small Hand net.

Now to my report: Not all snails are dead, there are even young ones I think these are Euplica sp. . The tank glass is covered with green algae and bristle worms, other worms, snails and pods are feeding on them. I added 12 hermit crabs (clibanarius tricolor). I keep heavy feeding but the skimmer is on and running (dry). Changing water is still a no-no. Corals and anemones are open and looking quite healthy. Dinos are on the gorgonians, the water surface, the powerheads, the upper half of the reef glass and some on the top of the reef (on top of the live rock tower). There are no dinos on the chaeto algae anymore and the chaeto begins to grow again . What I see: the dino plague has wandered from the lower parts of my tank into the upper part, hope this is a good sign.

Sincerely, Dennis

Kazalla is offline   Reply With Quote