View Single Post
Unread 05/30/2015, 04:34 PM   #70
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

My Nilsen reactor has been operational for more than a month. I use 150 grams of calcium hydroxide, which lasts over three weeks. The last time I replaced the kalk slurry, the conductivity of the kalkwasser was still 8.4 mS. I dose about 3360 ml of limewater everyday, which corresponds to about 85% of my tank's daily evaporation.

I initially used a normal aquarium pump. Unfortunately, this did not produce consistent results. I had to purchase a separate feed peristaltic pump. I get 4 ml per minute effluent. I run the pump for 14 hours on and off.

I decided to make some effort two nights ago to clean the back glass of my tank for a change. I also tried to remove as much brown star polyps, which invaded my live rocks, as possible. I am overall pleased with the result. While doing my cleaning, I also cut quite a lot of frags to raise some capital for future spending. I sold them all within one day.

Moreover, I purchased three more frags from my favourite reef shop in the north of England. They are all from wild colonies. With this purchase, I believe that I can no longer accommodate any more frags. There is no more real estate left. I even glued two frags on top of my encrusting Montipora monaseriata. I am hoping that they will defend themselves against this invasive and fast growing montipora.

Finally, here are the latest photos:

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]

Last edited by DiscusHeckel; 05/30/2015 at 04:40 PM.
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote