View Single Post
Unread 06/24/2016, 08:01 AM   #49
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxt View Post
With all the issues with Miracles, would you choose them again?

I would talk to other vendors and consider purchasing from another before Miracles. What I learned is that I need to be aware of every minute detail and make sure it's clear, in writing with a custom design. Now I know better. I don't know if another vendor would provide better service. I know there are others out there that are highly reputable, a couple in particular on the east and west coast that I received quotes from. Their quotes were significantly higher. Miracles was not the lowest cost, but they had a better reputation than the lower cost providers. In the end I suppose you get what you pay for. Was all the effort I put in worth the cost savings? It was at least a wash.

In the end Miracles still made a very good product. The tank and stand are beautiful. I had someone over the other day who commented on the stand saying they thought it looked like high quality furniture. That's comforting. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and while it's not perfect, nothing ever is.

Looks like your overflow has toothed weir, but I thought I read that you were getting that changed!

No, always a toothed weir. I like to buy my fish as babies so having it toothed helps keep them from flowing into the filter socks. It also helps keep light from getting into the overflow and growing algae

How is the external box glued to the tank? Is it glass to glass siliconed! I recall reading somewhere that miracles puts something in between the tank and the overflow box and was hoping to double check with you on that ...

Not sure how they glued it. I think it's silicone but it's a very thick bead if it is. When I had the overflow top replaced I asked Derek if a heavier top would cause problems for the overflow and he assured me it wouldn't so I assume it's glued on very tightly. I can ask him how they secured it.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote