View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2017, 10:04 AM   #2942
redlobstor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
It's totally up to you on both the sloping thing and order of introduction, redlobstor. But of course I'll give you my opinion…

The sloping of substrate suggests you would put the shoal grass in front. I think it would be better to spread it throughout the sand bed, thus preparing all of it for the turtle grass. No need to go shallower on the sandbed, unless you're trying to save money on sand. It's probably ideal to add the shoal grass first, as in nature, but I added all my grasses at the same time. I have no idea how long you would wait to plant turtle grass. As you may be finding out, there's not a lot of info available on seagrass aquariums. Have you checked out the "Old Helpful Posts" at the top of this forum? It's a goldmine!

Great questions. With that kind of thinking, I have no doubt you will succeed!
Thanks Michael for your encouragement and support.

The sloping was to put shorter species in front and taller species in back.

I guess I could plant all at once. May actually be better this way because if I wait its possible to damage the root structure of the seagrass already planted when trying to dig a hole for the new plant.

Thanks for your help

Jason

Ps. I haven't read all the thread because its so long but could you post a current photo of your seagrass tank.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 75 Gallon mixed reef. Fish are a powder blue tang and a lightning filefish. Smokeless with some macros growing in the sump.
redlobstor is offline   Reply With Quote