View Single Post
Unread 01/16/2013, 08:20 PM   #16
zachts
Registered Member

TropTrea, I recal your experience with "pink" violets from another thread long ago and I thing that you just go some lousy LEDs. I've used Violets now from Rapid LED, Steve's LED, Aquastyle Online, and "the site that can no longer be mentioned here on RC" from whence mccory's LEDs came. all of them produce a definate purple blue light somewhere in between a royal blue and a black light. if anything thier color gets lost when mixed in small amounts with a lot of royal blue. That's why I believe you need a lot of them, especially since when you look at radiometric output they are only 1/2 or 1/3 as powerfull as a royal blue. Yet when you look at the spectrum of my favorit VHO t12 actinic it's spectrum has about 2/3 violet at 420nm and 1/3 royal blue around 550nm. so it's about 2-3 violets to every royal blue for a similar effect!

FYI, mccory don't try to post the name of the site you sourced your LEDs from, it will get you in trouble. nothing wrong with the products from them, they just abused thier posting privelages and got banned from reef central as I understand it.

zachts is offline   Reply With Quote