View Single Post
Unread 08/07/2015, 10:29 AM   #2380
ostrow
It's Dr. Goodluck Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefromaz View Post
Threshold - my experience with marine algae fix was a disaster. As I researched it over the next week's after my tank crash, I discovered more than a few people with the same experience. Inshort....the algae killer works TOO well. It killed off the beneficial competition for nutrients at the microscopic level leaving my tank wide open to dinoflagellate over run. If you have a chance and do read back about two months. Look up the thread detailing other marine algaefix. Seriously, I have been a reefer since 1998 and never had a hint of dinos before my recent experience trying to rid my tank of HA and the results of Algaefix. Bad news and tons of work getting the dinosaur under control
I had a rare Cladophoropsis, not bryopsis, and the Cladophoropsis ate the algaefix as a preferred diet and really exploded. Meanwhile the algaefix killed all else at what ended up being a triple dose.

But I was fighting a losing battle vs that Cladophoropsis. Don't go triple dose unless your alternative is drain/bleach/restart. That's where I was at....

Current Tank Info: 156G "brick", 150 sump and 75 fuge replaces Fire, Destruction, Sad :(
ostrow is offline   Reply With Quote