View Single Post
Unread 05/11/2018, 09:49 AM   #437
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyamisofly View Post
Glad to see this progressing Mark!
Thanks! I've been super busy but have been making progress. Thread really needs a good update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halmus View Post
I curious to see how that camera works out for you. Did you have to write any code to make it “streamable” to YouTube? Any security concerns exposing your local network? I’m not an IT guy, but I’m facing some of those issues myself trying to stream a local server on them “webs”. I can get the job done but I’m unsure whether I’ll have some creep watching me do water changes in my undies because I thought the camera was disabled.
Camera is great, really clear jitter free picture. Most of the Axis cameras have a really good auto white balance. This one has an auto iris as well.

I've upgraded my network hardware to fully managed Ubiquiti hardware. It gives me a lot of control over the stream. I won't be cutting the stream off when I do water changes in my underwear, I'll just switch to a pay by the minute model

Supposedly there is software I can load on this camera that will let it stream direct to youtube, it does output in the format they want without any fuss, it's just an issue of how to get them the feed. Right now I was trying to use an 8 year old budget laptop to do the task and it didn't go well. I'll play around with it this weekend but may end up buying that software...

Here is a screenshot of a stream I tried last night. Water is cloudy due to prazipro in the water and this is with only about 80w of blue+ t5. Image was also compressed. On my side it looks much better.

Last edited by tkeracer619; 05/11/2018 at 10:07 AM.
tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote