View Single Post
Unread 12/05/2016, 10:20 PM   #256
Brian Crook
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximizer View Post
Did he just let it self level, tilt the tank to move the epoxy, or use a squeegee? I didn't see anything to where he mentioned it. Impressive work though.
Thanks! I calculated how much I needed to mix for each pour, mixed it up, and poured it all out just as the bucket started to warm. I used a squeegee to spread it all out faster, although in truth the self-leveling capability would have been sufficient, just a little slower. I then used a hair dryer to blow hot air across the surface and pop the microbubbles. Then I rotated the tank every which way and started the process over again. I wore respiratory protection when I worked over the epoxy.

One lesson learned: use a propane torch instead! Although my tank worked out, using a torch not only would have been a whole lot easier, it would have also been more effective at popping the bubbles. I didn't purchase a torch until I started making my bar ledge (as per manufacturer's recommendation) and wow is it ever easier than the hair dryer method! It also has the benefit of not blowing around dust particles. You just need to watch out that you don't burn the epoxy as it does begin to smoke rather easily.

Cheers

Brian Crook is offline   Reply With Quote