View Single Post
Unread 06/28/2010, 11:20 PM   #13
sedor
Registered Member

Technically it's not publicly available, but i'm not anyone special that was chosen by Warner Marine to test the product. They are having issues with packaging and the product should be released to the market pretty soon. In the mean time you can call Warner Marine using the number on their website and just request how much you would like and they will ship it out to you.

Quick update. Its only been a couple days so there isn't much to say. My maxi 1200 doesn't seem to be rumbling the pellets like I assumed it would, but so far the product is standing true to its word that it doesn't clump up. I've starting and stopping the flow every once in a while to kind of shake everything up, but I don't even think that is necessary. So far I am still dosing my regular vodka dose into the tank so I can't tell if adding the pellets are actually doing anything, but with that being said I am not noticing any negative results whatsoever either. Hopefully when I finally ween off the vodka dose, the pellets will take over and I won't notice any nutrient spike. I am being a little cautious as far as weening off the carbon source goes. I am told I could just quit the vodka dosing cold turkey and shouldn't notice any issues, but I wanted to play it safe. I overfeed my tank quite a bit so I depend pretty heavily on the carbon source to remove the nutrients from the water.