View Single Post
Unread 12/31/2015, 07:24 AM   #93
terry4505
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice Gary. The return plumbing "scum buster" is working well. I programmed the WAV pumps to turn off a few times a day, which gives the return a chance to clear the surface of the water without having to fight to the powerheads.

I also added the third Kessil to the fixture (I thought I updated this thread):

My early review of the Kessil A360We is this:

After having run Gen 1, Gen 3 and Gen 3 Pro Radions, I loved them. They were as advertised. They were controllable, customizable, and grew corals. I always like LED with T5 supplement, but I could not have been happier with the Radions. They simply didn't fit in this fixture. I wanted to try out Kessils, and my hand was forces, because no amount of modification was going to squeeze a 7" radion into a 5" gap between the T5 reflectors on the fixture.

The first and most obvious difference is ascetic. The Kessils are little cans, and they hang below the fixture. Radions would not. I actually love the look. I love the look of the three cans below the fixture.

The next most obvious thing is the shimmer. Wow. Everyone who has seen the tank has commented on the shimmer. I have never run MHs, so I cannot compare, but it is beautiful to see. I was afraid it may be too much, and it's not.

They are less controllable than Radions, which for some people is a good thing, as they don't want to tinker with their lights all of the time.

I do wish they would dim all the way down. They cut off at like 12%, which is OK, I have moonlights built into the fixture. But with LED, one of my favorite things is the slow ramp up/ramp down in the morning and at night. I don't have the replacement Kessil cable from BRS yet, so I am running them off of the Kessil controller, and it works fine. The Apex wizard is better.

To answer your question Cully, I don't have an answer yet. The bin next to the sump is the top off, and it is currently only RO/DI. The tank is only consuming about 25 mls of each of the two parts right now.

I grabbed a utility sink off of the side of the road, which is going in the basement. In the next few months, I'd like to move the sump to the basement, directly under the tank. I think I'd like to give a Calcium Reactor a shot. I've done Kalk, I've done 2 part, both worked, both had good and bad things about them. I'd like to step up to a CaRx and give that a shot.

I started slowly adding livestock this week. Looking at an empty tank as gotten old:

I added a Yellow tang, a pair of Bangii Cardinals and a firefish that my daughter asked me for. So far, everything looks great.

terry4505 is offline   Reply With Quote