View Single Post
Unread 05/31/2012, 06:25 AM   #308
daveonbass
Registered Member

Due to a hardware malfunction, my tank had a sevre crash, and is no longer what it used to be. All the new growth, which had become substancial, and all the different colors are now just bleach white skeletons of their once proud glory. I am not sure if I will give the fish away and take the whole tank down, or if I will keep it running. MACNA is only a few months away and if I start saving now I think I can use it as a spring board to repopulate the entire tank. If I keep it then sadly it will never be the same as this First attempt at a SPS dominated tank. But this time I think I will only get corals that are really "choice" pieces in my eyes. Named or not, I really don't want to do it all over again if the corlas will just be solid green...for example. So I hope to be back here in a few months to maybe even next year with a huge change in the systems looks. Till then I just want to thank everyone for all the help I got from the forum and for helping me ge the tank to the beautiful state that it was in before the crash and 90% loss of life.

I hope to be back soon.

Current Tank Info: 58g reef, 60 total gallons including rocks and sand, 36" 6 bulb ATI Powermodule, DAS skimmer, Bio pellets, 2 MP10 vortechs
daveonbass is offline   Reply With Quote