View Single Post
Unread 10/21/2017, 07:07 PM   #11
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pslreefer View Post
A 180 is fine for a marbled cat shark, I use to have one myself in a 180 along with a 3ft snake eel and other fish.

However, a trickle filter with bio balls?? This isn’t 1990. I’d suggest a large sump with live rock and a big skinner along with a sulphuric biodenitrator.

Also, post count means absolutely nothing... I’ve been in this hobby over 19 years and even active on local clubs. My current local club is slow so now I’m here on a national forum. So don’t judge by post count....
You're in the minority for thinking a 180 is large enough for a three foot long shark.

Also, post counts do matter when you know nothing about the poster. You have to assume they're inexperienced until proven otherwise. I've seen a lot of new people come through here, many of whom want sharks.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote