View Single Post
Unread 11/08/2017, 10:04 AM   #16
Jdub968
Registered Member

I would catch all fish place in your qt and start treatment with cu or hypo, let the DT sit fallow 76 days do not add anything to your DT while its fallow this includes coral and inverts. When the fish store sold you cupramine they should have also sold you a seachem or salifert test kit if they did not there making a mistake cu needs to be tested everyday while in use. As far as the new fish I would explain your circumstance to the Lfs you are getting the fish from see if they are willing to sell the fish to other customers while your fallow and then reorder the fish when your ready if they won't I would probably buy another tank and qt them in it. Finally the cupramine needs to be dosed a little more accurately than seachem reccomends on the bottle. Go get a 1 ml dosing syringe from your local RX, your tank is a 20 gallon but it does not hold 20 gal when filling it measure how much water you put in it and then use this math to determine the dose for cupramine.
(.381)x(.5)x( the water volume)=your total dosage, divide this number by 5 and that is your daily dosage for 5 consecutive days. Make sure to cu levels this math will achieve.5 ppm of cu however it does not figure for absorbsion so you will need to make an adjustment based on the test results ( you will probably have to add more than the math states)

Jdub968 is offline   Reply With Quote