View Single Post
Unread 12/14/2014, 06:04 PM   #36
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Latest photos (Acroporas at low tide- 14/12/2014)

The acroporas shown above receive in excess of 600 mmol as they are the nearest to my Powermodule (about 8-9 inches), whereas the orange Montipora receives a little less than that because it is directly beneath a brace bar.

All my sps corals seem to be growing vigorously. RHF recipe dosages are all time high at 234 ml per day for both the alkalinity and calcium parts. In addition, I have recently started to top up alkalinity/calcium with limewater. I am manually dosing about 3.5 lt of saturated limewater to top up the daily evaporation. Alkalinity is steady at 8.45 dKH. I expect this to drop gradually as I have recently started to use Tropic Marine Pro Reef salt. Subject to testing errors in various tests and salinity, salt mix with Tropic Marine Pro salt at 35 ppt produced the following water parameters with Salifert test kits (date: 7th December 2014):

Mg: 1300 ppm
Ca: 425 ppm
KH: 7.15 dKH
K: 400 ppm

Finally, I have started to fluidise GFO (Rowaphos) in a TLF reactor as an important biomark for phosphates (bubble algae) has appeared in the display tank. I am also using Rox 0.8 carbon in a 200 micron bag on a continuous basis in my sump.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]

Last edited by DiscusHeckel; 12/14/2014 at 06:33 PM.
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote