Thread: My Glassboxreef
View Single Post
Unread 08/09/2017, 08:26 AM   #10
Pife
Registered Member

So my wife and I were sitting in the living room watching television and she looks at me and says is that as quiet as that fish tank going to be. I was appalled. Now some of the local guys know I'm not the best of hearing but I can hear my tank and I thought it was very quiet. So I kindly ask her what she thinks needs to be quited down and she came up with quite a list already. I couldn't believe it . But it's a happy wife happy life kind of thing. I'm going to start with replacing all the bearings in my MP40s. I ordered five sets from Boca bearings. I've already done a couple of them with the help of this thread. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...1901337&page=8

I'll probably upgrade to all quiet drive wet sides as the one I've already done that to is significantly quieter and in my opinion has a much better spread out flow pattern.

One of the things she really didn't like was the slight trickling of water sound. So I suppose I'm going to need to raise my durso standpipe up some so that the water can be another inch higher in my overflow. That should solve that problem. Another issue she had was with 4 bulb ATI light fixture fan. Of all the things that is what I can hear the easiest. So obviously I'm going to change that last for dramatic effect.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote