View Single Post
Unread 03/23/2018, 08:43 PM   #21
gogo7
pico reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizanne View Post
Well I lost the 3rdd batch the first night. I think I put too much food in there and suffered from ammonia.

The second batch (born 2/22 has had lots of trauma and unexpected water changes but about 1/2 are still alive and most of those look good. There a about three that I am worried about as they are more sluggish.

I'm expecting batch 4 tomorrow morning or Sunday morning. I'm really no more prepared for them even though I should be.

On the second front. I've found 2 males to go with my 2 female pipefish. The males are fresh from import so we will see if they survive the transition to tank and feeding. So far I haven't seen them eating frozen but they suck up brine really well and I've been copepod bombing my tank because I also put my female mandarin in there. She still isn't eating frozen but the quarantine tank was getting covered in algae and having ammonia trouble with the constant bombardment of 6 kinds of frozen foods.

The ruby reds are looking good. The female is gravid but I'm still not seeing ascending or eggs.

The yashas are hold up in a new hole and being very secretive so I'm hopeful they could be at it.

The Tangaroa gobies are loving the baby brine but easily eat frozen mysid. They also have a tube they have called home.

Now if my hubby could get his clowns to spawn I'd be in a lot of trouble but it would be some much fun!
oh boy kiz.. gongrats on getting busy...that's alot of baby fish!
and clowns as well.

gogo7 is offline   Reply With Quote