Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 03/04/2021, 10:08 PM   #1911
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Today I received a couple of items from Gulf Coast Ecosystems.

Purple Candelabra (Plexaura flexuosa) is a gorgonian. It's a thicker branched variety and possibly my favorite. It's about 7 inches tall or so. It's mounted on a frag plug, which I stuck in the sand for now. I've got a rock I'm going to drill a hole into to hold it. I'll place the rock out in the grasses, in good light and current. No polyps have appeared as yet. I have some frozen rotifers I'll try feeding it once they pop out. I'll also probably get some Reef Roids for it. I've heard that is really good for corals and gorgonians in particular.

The other item is a plant, Halymenia durvillei (Dragons Breath). It's a Pacific species they've been aquaculturing. I received two 2 inch frags of it. I placed them on the back, left edge of the patch reef, in pretty good light. This is the one that should get orange highlights, if it does well. It's a little different from most of my other reds. I think it will add an interesting color and texture.

It's nice to bring in something new. I really enjoy picking out unusual plants and stuff. As much as I love the seagrass, I'm finding that I'm also having a blast with the macros.

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing an uptick in growth in all the plants, since I restarted CO2. I see changes everyday. It's good!

QT26

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote