View Single Post
Unread 09/14/2017, 04:49 PM   #615
karimwassef
Registered Member

Actually, all the high flow is down the length of the tank and will reach a null against the far wall. Basically, the flow always goes in a loop and shouldn't crash into the tank walls.

I'm building the scale model to confirm this.

For example, when the surge-scrubber feeder on the right releases 300 gals, the reciprocal one on the left will "sink" the exact same volume. So, water will flow into one and out the other in a loop. Actually, I suspect that a large positive wave will likely go down the right side and a large negative wave will go down the left side. When they get to the far wall, they cancel and the big positive wave is swallowed by the big negative wave.

The underground channel surges (UCS?) can also reciprocate with the surge-scrubber-feeder (SSF?). So, when the two surges on top release together (left and right), the two underground will "sink" the exact same volume creating a loop between the reef and the hidden channels. Or vice versa.

The powerheads are also set up to only create current loops.

The fuge-surge-return (FSR) will be benign compared to the others but I've made the overflow variable height so it can compensate. In case of a big surge return, the overflow chamber preemptively lowers to sink the volume in sync...

It'll also double as a slow tidal event ~ 3".

Failure isn't an option It's a requirement. 660g 380inwall+280smp/surge S/L/Soft/Maxima/RBTA/Clown/Chromis/Anthias/Tang/Mandarin/Jawfish/Goby/Wrasse/D'back. DIY 12' Skimmer ActuatedSurge ConcreteScape
karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote