View Single Post
Unread 03/06/2016, 10:26 AM   #3248
EdenR
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyfish View Post
Hmmm.. There are a number of ways to respond to that. However, I will bite my tongue as is often required on this forum more than other and repeat what I already stated ( as you perhaps didn't actually read it). My approach is based on what worked for me, in my tank. formed along with other much more experienced reefers than me who have dealt with and failed or dealt with a succeeded against dinoflagellates in multiple tanks. (I missed your qualifications if they exceed everyone else's, so apologies if that is the case).

If you had taken the time to read my posts, (more than perhaps the first line) rather than launch a personal attack, then perhaps you would understand this and also the warnings on the approach.

A blackout alone will not defeat them. I have stated this in almost every single post. It's not for everyone, there will be some casualties. It's a risk you need to weigh up vs the dinoflagellates coming back. But it worked for me and others (who by the way have amazing SPS tanks).

It's easy to dismiss what you don't understand, likewise if you cannot defend a challenge to your thinking, then I'd suggest that you don't understand it yourself.
No apologies to me needed. But you should apologize to those that followed your extended blackout period and killed corals because you fail to mention it should only be tried by those running a FOWLR setup or if they really don't care about losing livestock.

As for the rest, well, I'll let all the recent results speak for themselves as to what works and what doesn't. There have been enough of them recently that one only need to look back a few pages.

EdenR is offline   Reply With Quote