View Single Post
Unread 09/03/2018, 12:32 AM   #2985
Fishman UK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
How many fish do you have and what size?

Run it a bit more wet. That will increase the skimmate production. The fact that you had the mud like stuff in the cup and on the lid is a sign that it’s working fairly well. You just may want to run it more wet to reduce the buildup on the lid and increase the liquid in the collection device.

Do you have the ozone port capped off on the pump? If not, I would cap that off so it’s not drawing water through the port. I don’t think that is your issue but it will help generate a bit more air intake though the venturi. That or connect the red ozone tube and zip tie it to the wedge pipe as that will also increase air intake. I think you just need to do some fine tuning. You can increase the pump speed a bit. Bump it to 30 watts and see what that does. Then try 32 watts. That will make it run a bit more wet or close the wedge pipe some which will also make it run a bit more wet. If you bump the speed up, you may need to open the wedge a bit or even lower the sump level depending on how much your wedge pipe is opened or closed.

Thanks for replying to me so quickly.

I have around 40 fish, including 5 large tangs and two triggers. The rest and medium to small sized.

I have taken a picture of the wedge - how far open is this?

I have increased the speed to 40 and will let you know how this goes.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishman UK is offline   Reply With Quote