View Single Post
Unread 06/20/2014, 09:15 AM   #249
hkgar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntnbighker View Post
Quick correction.. when I said my bubble "rate" varies, the electronic controller makes the bubble "rate" stable. But my bubble volume varies wildly. I actually believe my electronic regulator may be defective. But the guy at Aquarium Plants is adamant that these regulators are dead reliable, and us reef hobbyists are using them incorrectly. As long as you can drop the tube in a glass of water and see a consistent bubble rate there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to stare at the bubbles for 2 or 3 days solid, to see the bubble size change over time with tank temperature (and pressure) changes.
Does the low side pressure vary? My low side pressure is 7 PSI and it just never changes. I also have the Aquarium Plant regulator and absolutely no problems.

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote