View Single Post
Unread 03/30/2012, 07:58 AM   #5
Mangodude
The Clown Tang Keeper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CichlidMan@<3 View Post
Sounds like a sweet build. Whats your coral stocking plan? Also, you probably wont be able to successfully run a biopellet reactor with a refugium. You arent going to put that beautiful clown tang in there?
Coral stocking will be primarily sps with zoas and chalices around the bases of the rockwork

Sps will be similar to what the iwagumi reef has. Any idea the name on the more thick stemmed stubby acros that he has?

Yeah, not real sure about running both.. I can always take the tlf offline if I need to.. Right now its only running about 5-10% of the biopellets it can take (handful). Wanted to start small on the pellets and work my way up..

I suppose I could run gfo instead but I don't seem to have any phostpate problems..

As to the clown tang, I'm extremely sad to say he has died.

He "disapeared" in the evening 3 days before I switched tanks. Was in perfect health, ate like normal that morning, nothing abnormal was noted. No flashing, visiting the cleaner shrimp, etc.

No bones were found either

I will be getting a new one though!
I know i'll be pushing my luck but I really loved that fish..

The reason the naso is labeled temporary is because I'm waiting for the clown tang to come in, i'm hoping that by having a 7" naso in there when the new tang is introduced he wont' be as aggresive and will accept a lower place.

Current Tank Info: Too many
Mangodude is offline   Reply With Quote