View Single Post
Unread 01/12/2018, 10:23 PM   #112
sam.basye
Registered Member

30 Cube Foam Rockwall Reef Tank

Lots of updates!

I got the lights on Thursday and just sold one today. So far I’m down to being in it for $295 and I still have a mounting arm and 2 sets of wide angle lenses to list. Looking good!

The wife got home early Thursday and saw all my purchases scattered across the floor. Lol
She looked and asked if she even wanted to know what it all cost. I said no. Hahaha

So far I’m really liking the Radion! Got it mounted up and it barely fits behind the return. I had one powered on sitting on top of the fish feeder box and next thing I know I smell something burning. The Radion started burning a hole in the 4 on the box!

My half-a**ed wiring because I needed a male to male usb cable to setup the Reeflink. Lol

The elegance is huge! Way bigger without the tight space in the corner of the 26. It looks really good up in the rocks.

I moved the mp10 to the other side for different flow around the bigger corals to help isolate them better.

Bought some aluminum flat stock for the light over the 2.5g

Mounted the Reeflink to the wall and repositioned the bubbler.

Check out this cool nickel sized clam I found at the beach this summer! It’s been living in the 2.5g.

My purple rock boring urchin decided to say hi.

Went to the LFS and they got some eels in for me, but none were poking out yet and they couldn’t get any to come up so going to wait to make sure they’re good to go before buying one.

The landlord came by the other day to fix a leaky pipe in the wall and really liked the tank! Kept talking about how great it looked!

McPuff, I used the appoinkment joke today! Went right over her head.. I had to ask again and she didn’t see any humor in it - just looked at me. Lmao
I told her the other day while we were in the kitchen that it smelled like bacon. Lol

The way the light mount sits, it is tilted forward slightly which normally would bother me, but I get more light in the back corners.

Both tanks

Current Tank: 30 Cube build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661418
26g Foam Rockwall build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2457621
Foam Wall

Last edited by sam.basye; 01/12/2018 at 10:30 PM.
sam.basye is offline   Reply With Quote